What You Need To Know About Building A New Home
There’s more to building a home than finding a lot and choosing a suitable plan. In addition to being the biggest financial investment you can make, building a home is a very personal decision. As home builders, we respect that, and we realize that you need to work with someone you can trust, someone who will successfully guide you through the process while meeting deadlines and keeping the entire experience from becoming too overwhelming.
At Century Building Team, we know that selecting a builder is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. That’s why we encourage you to ask questions and do your research. We invite you to talk to current Century Building Team owners.
The more you know about the task you are about to undertake, the better your home building experience will be. We are confident that the more you learn about Century Building Team, the more comfortable you’ll be in trusting us to build your home.
Are You Ready? Here’s What You Need To Know.
Before you begin the process, here are some questions to ask yourself:
• What is your budget? How much house can you afford?
• Where do you want to build?
• Are there schools nearby?
• What style of home do you want to build?
• Are there covenants or restrictions?
• How far are you willing to drive to work?
• How much storage space will you need?
• Do you work from home?
• How long do you plan to live in your new home?
• Do you need any special accommodations?
• Will elderly parents be staying with you?
• How involved do you want to be?
• What is your time frame?
How We Stand Behind You and Your Home
All materials used and all work done in building your home have met our exacting standards for quality and durability. That’s why we are proud to offer the following warranties.
Century Building Team provides you with a ten-year limited warranty in addition to the standard one- and two-year warranties. To inform you of our quality standard for the most typical concerns that come up in a new home, Century Building Team has included supplemental details about one-year material and workmanship standards contained in the limited warranty itself. The purpose of this is to give you a description of our quality standards for each item and explain the steps that we will take to remedy items that do not meet our standards.
During the first year of ownership, the home shall be free from defects caused by faulty workmanship and defective materials due to non-compliance with building standards. The period of ownership commences on the date of closing, unless otherwise specified by the builder.
During the first two years of ownership, the home shall be free from defects caused by faulty installation of plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling systems.
During the first ten years of ownership, the home shall be free from major structural defects. “Major structural defects” means the actual damage to the load-bearing function and which vitally affects, or is imminently likely to affect the use of the dwelling for residential purposes to the extent that the home becomes unsafe, unsanitary, or otherwise unlivable.
We build our standard plans energy efficient according the EPA’s strict guidelines. Our homes are substantially more energy efficient than other new homes built only to the minimum code requirements, thus making them better for the environment and better for you, your family, and your wallet! Some of the benefits of owning one of our homes include:
• Owning a home that exceeds the EPA’s strict energy efficiency guidelines.
• Owning a home compared to a standard home uses substantially less energy to operate. You can expect to save money on your utility bills.
• Owning a home that keeps excessive heat, cold and noise outside and also ensures consistent temperatures between and across rooms, making your home very comfortable to live in.
• Owning a home that has energy efficient appliances, more efficient and properly sized heating and cooling systems, and redesigned modern toilets and sinks – all designed to operate on less • energy and use less water – SAVING YOU MONEY!
• Owning a home that has better indoor air quality, making your home healthier to live in.
Owning a home that will have a better resale value. All of our energy efficiency standards are very valuable to tomorrow’s buyers.
Call Century Building Team or Century Real Estate Team today to let us help you find The Way Home! Reach us at 651-466-0609.